The ongoing practice of separating children from their parents has already, as of May, left nearly 2000 children separated from their parents. As Bishop Vásquez, Chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' Committee on Migration, and Sister Donna Markham OP Ph.D., President, and CEO of Catholic Charities remind us - as a nation and people of faith, we can and must do better.
Five Ways To Help Stop Family Separation
- Pray: You can find a prayer for migrant children here.
- Speak Up: Sign our Action Alert and share with your networks. Also, consider contacting your senators and representative directly by phone to voice your concern. You can find the number for your representative here and your senators here.
- Take Action: Contact your local Catholic Charities affiliate to learn about their material/volunteer needs, consider fostering an unaccompanied child, or join the Share the Journey global solidarity campaign with migrants and refugees.
- Give: To support agencies that are helping families and children impacted by the crisis. (100% of your donation will go to the 21 Catholic Charities agencies assisting unaccompanied children)
- Learn More: To learn more about Family Separation, visit the Justice For Immigrants (JFI) "Family Separation Web Page" to review backgrounders, educational material, and a webinar.
Click the link below to log in and send your message: